The Communities of Learning webpages on Education Counts include:
- achievement information about your Kāhui Ako
- information about other Communities of Learning in your region or district
- maps of Kāhui Ako across the country.
You can use these webpages to:
- support the development and implementation of your Kāhui Ako achievement challenges
- track your progress against your achievement challenges
- identify a shared approach to how you use data
- consistently review and evaluate data and evidence
- complement the data and evidence you gather in your day to day practice
- see how you connect and collaborate with other Kāhui Ako in your region.
How this tool could be used
The Kāhui Ako webpages provide:
- a nationwide map showing the location and membership of each Community of Learning
- profile and contact details for each Kāhui Ako
- detailed data at a Community of Learning level on:
- student population
- Early Childhood Education
- student engagement
- National Standards
- Ngā Whanaketanga Rumaki Māori
- school qualifications
- progression to tertiary
- technical notes and definitions.
The Community of Learning webpage’s link to these Education Counts webpages:
- Find A School
- Find an Early Learning Service
- Know Your Region information.
You can also visit the parents website, which provides information for parents, families, whānau, carers and anyone else involved in a child’s education. It has been developed with parents and is expanding based on feedback from users.
Go to the education counts website to find out more
Action planning ideas
Key questions your Kāhui Ako could consider:
- How to use this data and evidence to inform strategies for improving student progress and achievement.
- How to use this information to engage parents, whānau and community organisations in conversations about your achievement profile.
- How to use this information to develop a culture of collective improvement, by routinely collecting and sharing data?
- How this information could complement the data you gather on best practice.
Where to find out more
Visit the Education Counts website
Link with the Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako Development Map
This tool will help your Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako progress within Domain 3 of the Development Map: Evidence – guiding our practice and actions.