- Taking services that many of you use individually and bundling these into useful packages that can be accessed as a Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako may offer operational and time savings that can be reinvested back into leading teaching and learning to lift student achievement.
- Operational efficiencies across a Kāhui Ako will free up capacity to raise student achievement. You can expect to see a reduced administrative burden on principals and other leaders, and reduced costs for some Kāhui Ako.
- Services that schools, kura, early childhood services me ngā kōhanga reo and tertiary providers currently acquire individually, such as HR, IT, business support, property maintenance and financial services, may be bundled together across a Community of Learning to realise savings that can be redirected towards teaching and learning.
- The Ministry are creating an environment to support Kāhui Ako to access opportunities through a contracted managed service provider, or via a Bundled Services space off the Communities of Learning resource hub.
- This provides Kāhui Ako with the flexibility to use one or both of these solutions depending on your needs. An interactive Communities of Learning portal will be developed in the near future to support Bundled Services.
- The Bundled Services Framework will enable Kāhui Ako to investigate, identify, implement and support initiatives, creating efficiencies that improve the delivery of support functions for Kāhui Ako.
- In some cases, we anticipate that the quality of services delivered to Kāhui Ako members will improve. Possible examples could
- include changing to nationally negotiated contracts (e.g. a national electricity contract could achieve an estimated 5% saving), and aligning property management plans and sharing project management resources across Kāhui Ako to save time and money.
How this tool could be used
The Bundled Services Framework is currently being finalised with a few Communities of Learning | Kāhui Ako to ensure it is fit for purpose.
Go to the Bundled Services space on the Communities of Learning | Kāhui Ako hub. This includes all the resources currently available e.g. linking to the All of Government site that provides a list of suppliers that can be accessed at reduced costs and rates and support such as TELA (teacher laptop scheme).
The interactive portal is being developed over the coming year.
We are working with the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) to support Bundled Services for Communities of Learning by improving accessibility and usability of existing suppliers.
Action planning ideas
- Once the Bundled Services Framework is released, Communities of Learning will be able to use this as a resource to support decisions regarding the prioritisation and focus of their cumulative spending.
- For now, Kāhui Ako can begin conversations about their operational and administrative spending to identify potential areas to ‘bundle’ services together.
Where to find out more
Link with the Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako Development Map
This tool will help your Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako progress within Domain 6 of the Development Map: Building a thriving Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako